Monday, September 29, 2008

Dreams of things falling on my head

Last night I dreamed I had a car - an adorable little blue Mini! It was parked on the street in front of my building (not allowed IRL, perfectly legal in the dream) even though the street was also a construction zone with like six cranes lifting heavy stuff. (IRL, there's a construction zone with four cranes further down the street.) One of the cranes dropped a tree, almost killing me, so I ran inside to figure out what to do to protect my car.

Even though I went up the elevator in the same glass building I live in IRL, my apartment was a dark, dank underground hole. It was also in New York City, even though the outside of the building was in Toronto. It had these sort of diagonal windows (like greenhouses) at street level, but it was such a deep dark hole these served as skylights. So I was chatting with Poodle, trying to figure out if I'm allowed to put my car in the garage because I only have a G1 licence, when suddenly a bad guy came crashing down through the window into my apartment, looking for drugs and getting quite erratic when we didn't have any. So I subdued him (luckily he weighed literally nothing) tied his arms and legs in a knot and handed him back out the window to a passing fireman.

Then suddenly I was in the ravine behind my parents' house with my mother. It had been raining heavily, and the ground was literally swollen with water - it was like walking on a giant waterbed. All this rain caused the trees to wake up and start walking around - turns out they were really Ents. Then the Ents started dropping coconuts on our heads (there are no coconut trees in this ravine, it's a temperate zone) because humans used that part of the ravine to smoke marijuana (true IRL).

So I ran away to where the President of the United States was giving a speech in this same ravine. Except it wasn't the real president, it was the fictional one from the Covert One novels. And my mission was to protect him. So I jumped into a LAV with all the other people whose mission was to protect the president (but we left the president outside, apparently at the mercy of the Ents) and started driving around. Then the same bad guy came crashing through the windshield. But I woke up before I could find out what he wanted this time.

So that's two trees being dropped on my head, two bad guys breaking through glass to come crashing down on my head, and an ongoing drug theme (I haven't done any drugs IRL). I wish I knew how to analyze dreams.

No comments: