Monday, August 01, 2005

Unwanted attention

I've been getting far more unwanted negative attention from men this weekend than usual. That's particularly strange, because this weekend I have been taking no care whatsoever with my physical appearance. Every time I've left the house I've been alone and doing a pressure-free errand like grocery shopping or going to the library, so I've been dressing strictly for comfort and modesty in big long skirts, old unflattering t-shirts, and rather butch sandals. I haven't been wearing any makeup and my hair is generally in a sloppy bun because of the heat. I haven't been showing even a glimpse of thigh, midriff or cleavage, and in many cases I'm probably the least attractive person in my general vincinity. This makes no sense.

Maybe it's because when I make no effort whatsoever, the loudmouth assholes can no longer see that I'm out of their league?

No comments: