Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Ravenswood Vintner's Blend Zinfandel

This was advertised as a "macho" wine, so I bought it just to see what a macho wine tastes like, as I've never before had a wine that evoked any sense of gender.

I think they call it "macho" because it's the kind of wine that would go well with a big slab of dead something cooked over a fire. Not really my thing, but it does serve a purpose.

It also has a very slight allusion to cigars and some kind of hard-core liquor (whiskey)? At least (given that I've never had a cigar and have only had a sip of whiskey, which was enough to determine I don't like it) it alludes to the smell of sitting an old man who's had cigars and whiskey on the GO bus, caught in a traffic jam on the QEW, which is not a good thing.

Therefore, I deem this wine to be the perfect accessory to smelly things that old men do to make themselves feel manly.

The funny thing is I never would have thought of any of these descriptions if the wine hadn't advertised itself as "macho" in the first place.

No comments: