Monday, April 20, 2009

Things They Should Invent: delivery service for restaurants that don't have delivery

It's cold and rainy and windy and I'm craving pierogi. Making them myself would require a grocery store run, which isn't gonna happen in this weather. The only restaurants I know of or can google up that have pierogi are down on Ronce, and none of them deliver. I would totally pay someone good money to bring me pierogi right now.

A pierogi delivery service in and of itself probably isn't a viable business model, but what about a service that goes to any restaurant, buys whatever it is you want, and brings it to you? Imagine: you could have someone bring you pierogi or a hamburger or a lobster dinner! They charge a standard fee (either flat or mileage-based) on top of the restaurant price, and I think people would pay pretty well on days when they can't be assed to go out to a restaurant.

3 comments:

laura k said...

They tried this in NYC once! Maybe more than once, maybe several different attempts. It's a great idea in a city like TO or NYC where there's so many great food choices all over. Would it great if someone could make it work.

impudent strumpet said...

Why on earth didn't it work?

laura k said...

Possibly because so many restaurants in NYC already deliver. But I really don't know.