Sunday, April 19, 2009

Retirement

When I was a kid, a lot of the grownups around me were counting the years/months until retirement. At the time I thought they just hated their jobs. But I just realized something even better:

If you're retired (with a defined-benefits pension, which the grownups in question did have), that's basically job security. Apart extreme (at the time - more normal now) cases where the entire pension plan collapses beyond insurability, you aren't going to lose your income. It's not the not having to work, it's the predictable income for the rest of your life.

I would totally work every day until the age of 100 for predictable income that's as close as humanly possible to un-loseable.

And they get this, AND they get to sleep in in the morning.

That's what I want to be when I grow up.

No comments: