Thursday, February 26, 2009

Things They Should Invent: introvert/extrovert temporary switch medication

Introverts, picture this: You have oh so terribly many errands to do and phone calls to make. But the more you do, the more places you go and things you see and people you talk to, the more energized you'll feel. Wouldn't that be useful?

Extroverts, picture this: You're stuck at home all alone with no one to talk to for hours and hours and hours. But the more time that passes all alone, the better and happier and more energized and revitalized you feel. Wouldn't that be useful?

We wouldn't want this to be permanent or ongoing. Speaking as an innie, getting bored when alone in my head sounds like living hell, and I'm sure extros would get frustrated living with our slow, easily-stimulated brains. But it would be so convenient to be able to switch every once in a while!

They know the neuroscience, so why can't they make us a drug to do this?

2 comments:

laura k said...

Is everyone either one or the other? Because I have a lot of both.

I do think the temporary switch med is a great idea, for many things.

impudent strumpet said...

You have both? That's weird. (In that I can't grok it, I have no idea what is and is not normal IRL.) It seems like they shouldn't be able to co-exist, like matter and anti-matter. But then you don't have to take my fictional medication.