Thursday, February 05, 2009

Do professional dominatrixes get job training?

Broadsheet wonders why professional dominatrixes don't qualify for insurance.

Which makes me wonder: do they get job training? The article describes their services as "bondage, verbal humiliation, spanking or paddling, whipping and genital torture." I don't know about you guys, but if I were paying good money for genital torture, I'd want a dom who was properly trained in how to not cause any permanent damage.

The article isn't clear, but it makes it kind of sound like people are just wandering into dungeons saying "Yeah, I could totally do that!" But you wouldn't let someone cut your hair if they just wandered into a salon one day and said "Yeah, I could totally do that!"

2 comments:

laura k said...

Maybe they get observed. Or references from the bdsm community from before they went pro.

I'm guessing.

impudent strumpet said...

Heh. "I'm just a trainee, so the headmistress is going to have to supervise."