Saturday, March 01, 2008

I wonder if dog shows have dress codes for humans?

I was watching a dog show on TV, and I noticed that all the female handlers were wearing skirts, hose, and closed-toe flats. That seemed odd to me. Under normal circumstances and given the normal variation of human wardrobe preferences, you'd think at least some of them would be wearing pants, or bare legs, or heels or boots or sandals. I wonder if they have a dress code? That would be a strange thing to have a dress code for.

3 comments:

laura k said...

They totally do. I don't know if it's written or just traditional, but every dog show has the same expectations about handler dress.

impudent strumpet said...

That's a bit control-freakish. It's so not about the humans!

laura k said...

Those people are all about control! Look how the dogs have to have an exact shape, size, markings, etc. even to be officially recognized.

I love to watch a few minutes of dog shows here and there, because I love dogs so much... but I also hate dog shows because I love dogs so much.