Saturday, July 21, 2007

Chapter 22: The Deathly Hallows

So THAT'S who Peverell is! I knew we'd seen that name before!

The radio program is a clever device for getting caught up, and the Taboo is a clever way of making Harry's habit of saying the word Voldemort into an actual plot point! I wonder if the Taboo existed last time around?

The emotional arc of this chapter was good - we went from high to low quite smoothly.

I keep forgetting that the characters don't know they're in a book with a definite timeline, and wondering why they don't feel more rushed. Then I realize that they think they have the rest of their lives to destroy the Horcruxes.

I see about 250 pages left, 3 Horcruxes to destroy, and one Deathly Hallow to find (and learn how to use). I wonder if this means I'm going to be page-turning for the rest of the book?

No comments: