Saturday, July 21, 2007

Chapter 8: The Wedding

Okay, so we've got Viktor in England, we've got a potential Grindlewald connection, we've got more of a reason to go to Godric's Hollow, lots of good stuff lined up. Looks like my Scrimgeour theory is kaput, but that's okay.

For some reason, neither I nor any of the fanfics I read pictures Mr. Lovegood as more eccentric than Luna, although that does make perfect sense upon reflection. Interesting that his name comes from the same root as Xenophile and he has a Grindelwald symbol, although I'm still inclined to think of this as a red herring.

Theory: Ariana Dumbledore grew up to be Mrs. Figg. After all, what's the likelihood of a third squib? (Fourth, if you count the Weasley cousin who's an accountant)

And, of course, the whole Godric's Hollow thing tees up the possibility of a blood tie of some sort between Harry and Dumbledore, although I'd prefer if there isn't.

No comments: