Saturday, July 21, 2007

Chapter 14: The Thief

First of all, I should have said this a few chapters ago, but gold star for JKR on the Gregorovitch callback. I also like seeing the tent from the Quidditch World Cup again - I originally took this to be just a whimiscal detail so I like seeing that JKR is way ahead of me.

Interesting that the trio have slept in the same room several times without any sexual tension. I do like how JKR keeps the shipping subdued, especially when more important things are going on. I think that's something I'll keep in mind if I ever write fiction myself - if the scene isn't about the romance, it's better to just quietly take it as a given.

The apparating situation isn't clear here. Are all three of them apparating? Harry isn't licenced, is he? Did Hermione side-along both Ron and Hermione to the Quidditch World Cup site? I thought you could only side-along one at a time.

Langling note: at one point, the word "fantasise" was used with that spelling. I am aware of the use of S instead of Z in British, but that's the first time I've ever seen it in that particular word. It looks funny to me.

PS: Going back to Remus's angst a while back, hasn't it already been established that being a werewolf isn't hereditary?

No comments: