Saturday, June 09, 2007

Things They Should Invent: YouTune

When I want to link to a song, I most often search for it on YouTube (see below). This seems to be the easiest way to let people hear the song rather than just reading the lyrics, but it is bandwidth- and time-intensive for people who don't have a top-tier internet connection.

What I want is something like YouTube but for music. You look up a song, click on play, and just audio plays, no video. It wouldn't have to be downloadable or anything, just for linking and listening like YouTube is now, so I don't think it would be a huge copyright problem (although the music industry's lawyers would probably disagree - remember back in the 90s when they tried to shut down the International Lyrics Server?)

Note: there is a website called YouTune already, but it does something else. I can't seem to find any website that do what I have in mind.

1 comment:

impudent strumpet said...

Update: www.songza.com is well on the way to doing this.