Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Things I pondered buying today (none of which I bought because I don't have time to try on)

- a bright orange peasant/hippy style shirt (justification: I look good in bright red, so why not bright orange?)
- a green skirt, which goes with nothing I own except my rare black and/or white pieces
- a slate/stone grey skirt, which goes with everything I own because my wardrobe is coordinated to black pants. I don't know why it occurred to me that light grey is a good colour for someone who is a) size 14 and b) a total slob
- a red jersey dress, which will either be very flattering or make me look lumpy
- a blue and turquoise dress, which will either be very flattering or make me look old
- a LBD, because I don't actually own one. Actually there are two that I pondered, but I'd only buy one of them.
- various pale green shirts, even though pale colours don't look good on me. My justification is that my eyes are pale green so it should be allowed, but pale for eyes is not the same as pale for clothes
- green pj pants, even though I need a full pj and the top that went with them is stupid
- several other more practical dresses that will either look good on me or look too old for me.

I don't know why I found myself attracted to so many impractical items, I don't know why I found myself attracted to so many clothes, period! I don't know why I felt inclined to buy brightly coloured dresses to wear to work, and I don't know why I'm constantly tempted to stray from the range of Colours That Work. I'm weird today.

No comments: