Tuesday, April 20, 2004

The other problem with laundry is it takes up the whole day. It makes that day Laundry Day. At my parents', laundry was my favourite chore because I could throw the stuff in the machine, go about my business, attend to the machines when I heard them stop, and do the folding while watching TV. Here I have to change into Laundry Clothes (at my parents' enough loads of laundry were done that it didn't matter what I wore, it would be washed again by the next time I needed to wear it), find loonies and quarters, lug my stuff downstairs through public hallways, and watch the clock. At my parents', if I was a bit late collecting my laundry, someone would put the machine on air fluff until I could attend to it. Here, people (rightfully) take my clothes out and stack them on top of the machine. It's rapidly becoming one of my least favourite chores. (Taking out the recycling is still my very least favourite, followed closely by dishes). By comparison, vacuuming and washing the floors is nothing.

No comments: