Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pink

Six months ago, I resolved to add pink to my wardrobe.

My first step was to enter this contest, but didn't win. (Which isn't surprising - I seriously doubt they actually have samples sitting around in an 11.)

Then I tried on a number of different things as I encountered them, but kept finding problems - the fabric was unpleasant or the cut was wrong or something. I considered painting my toenails pink, but it's too classic for toes - I want something interesting, like shimmery turquoise.

But now I've completed my mission with the acquisition of a sweater in a deep raspberry. It's soft and beautiful and well-cut, and works fantastically with the fine pieces of engineering available at Secrets From Your Sister. Plus I got it for 50% off!

Now we'll see how this works. Will I end up buying more pink stuff in the future?

5 comments:

laura k said...

Wait a second... Deep raspberry counts as pink??

impudent strumpet said...

What else would it be?

laura k said...

I see it as a shade of red, or red-violet.

impudent strumpet said...

I see red-violet (or at least the Crayola version) as a shade of pink.

laura k said...

Ah-ha! Then it turns out I wear pink frequently! Under this definition. I thought pink was only pale pink, the baby colour. Or at most "hot" pink.