Thursday, February 11, 2010

Outstanding customer service from Beddington's

A week ago last weekend, I bought a beautiful new duvet and duvet cover from Beddington's (Yonge & Eg location). I love them! The duvet is fluffy and warm and I feel secure like a swaddled baby wrapped in it, and the duvet cover feels good to the touch and is high thread count and matches my existing sheets perfectly.

Unfortunately, last weekend - only a week after I bought it - the zipper on the duvet cover broke. Part of the actual slidey thing broke off, so the teeth of the zipper would no longer stay inside the slidey thing. This had the unfortunate effect of rendering the entire duvet cover useless, because with the zipper open the duvet slides right out in the night and I wake up covered in basically a sheet with the duvet on the floor.

However, I am very happy to report that, despite the fact that this was a final sale item and linens are as a rule non-returnable (understandably - no one would want to buy used sheets!) Beddington's promptly, cheerfully and without drama allowed me to exchange my duvet cover for another one. Furthermore (and important to a shy and insecure person like me), I didn't need to be assertive or negotiate or anything. I just walked in, asked politely, and got the best possible outcome, being treated like my request was eminently reasonable and no imposition whatsoever the entire time.

It is very refreshing to see a retailer (especially one at a reasonable price point!) stand behind the quality and workmanship of their products. I originally went to Beddington's because they're geographically convenient, but they've just won themselves a loyal customer.

3 comments:

Christopher said...

I feel so uncultured. I don't even know what a duvet is, sounds kinda like one of those those snuggies or whatever they're called. You know, the backwards robes.

impudent strumpet said...

Big poofy bed cover! Traditionally filled with goose down, but mine's synthetic. It's all warm and snuggly and cozy and like sleeping under a big fluffy cloud. (Apart from the fact that clouds are actually cold and wet.)

laura k said...

Hooray for good customer service. Beddington's sounds great, I could use one of those near me.