Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Riches

I've been having something of a tumultuous relationship with The Riches. I never meant to start watching. I just intended to tune in briefly to see how Eddie acquitted himself in a drama, with a beard and an American accent.

But I couldn't stop.

It's not an entirely positive relationship. The premise is intriguing, but the show gets much too dark for me, but I find myself bursting into hysterical laughter when I least expect it, but Wayne's attempts to fake being a lawyer make me uncomfortable, but I'm always surprised by the twists the plot takes. At any rate, instead of gaming and watching out the corner of my eye like I normally do, I always find myself right in front of the TV, literally on the edge of my seat, leaning forward to see what happens next, and a week always seems too long to wait for the next episode.

Yesterday I watched the season finale, and it was SUCH a cliffhanger! It was such a cliffhanger that, if it had been possible to do so, I would have stayed up an hour later to see the next episode (even though I had to work the next day) rather than waiting even another day to find out what happens next. Problem: the next episode hasn't been written yet. The next season doesn't start until spring 2008 (and that's in the US - we might have to wait longer here).

I haven't been this eager for the next season of a TV show since the summer when I was 11, when Data's head was found in a cave in San Francisco. But then I only had to wait three months - now I have to wait at least six!

Honestly, I don't like this. I'm not used to it. I tend to fall into TV serieses once they're in syndication, so I can watch an episode every day and not have to wait between seasons. And yet here I am, sucked in, unwillingly beholden to this thing, with no choice but to wait around for it to come back. It's like being in a bad relationship. And yet, when it comes back, I will welcome it with open arms.

No comments: