Saturday, August 04, 2007

Another benefit of living alone

I impulsively dyed my hair (a subtle auburn rinse intended for a lighter brown, causing my hair to shine red in certain lights and doing fascinating things to my greys) for the first time since I started living alone. And it's SO much easier when you live alone! If I forget to bring something to the bathroom, I can walk out and get it regardless of my state of undress (because putting clothes on with a headful of dye is impossible). When it comes time to rinse the dye out, I can take as long as I need to under the shower, just relaxing and letting my mind wander under the warm water until the water runs clear, without having to worry about anyone pounding on the door and asking if I'm going to be in there all day. And, of course, if I miss a spot when cleaning up afterwards, I can just catch it later without any lectures about ruining the bathroom or people disingenuously pretending to mistake the dye for menstruation so they can run from the bathroom screaming "Ewww, gross!"

No comments: