Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Childish gloating

Today I saw my first abortion protest. I've gone past them in cars before, but this is the first time I encountered one as a pedestrian. It's weird, because there is nothing whatsoever to do with abortion at that particular location.

So I walked up looking rather glum, and read with interest the literature they gave me (featuring giant pictures of mangled bloody babies). Then my face lit up. "You know what? This is exactly what I need!" I gleefully announced to the lady who had handed me the pamphlet. Then I gushed enthusiastically about how wonderful medical science is until the light changed and I bounced my way across the street.

I've always wanted to do that.

3 comments:

Yael S said...

A+! except I've always wanted to call one of those 'crisis pregnancy' hotlines that claim to tell you the 'truth' about all your options, then confidently decide on abortion with the counselor on the line.

laura k said...

I envy your senses of humour. It must be being from the US - all the power they have there. I just want to smash all their faces.

impudent strumpet said...

If that plural was deliberate, Yael is from the US too