Saturday, August 04, 2007

Leggings

I wonder about people who wear leggings and are old enough to have been around last time leggings were in style. Do they think it looks good? Do they think it looks better than pants, or a skirt, or (if worn under a skirt) than stockings? If they think it looks good, why did they stop wearing it last time around? Because it was out of style? Because they were no longer available? Are they like "Yay, I can finally find leggings in stores again"? Are they like "Yay, I can finally wear leggings without being ridiculed again"?

Despite their resurgence, it is still possible to dress without wearing leggings this season, so if someone is wearing them that means they must like them. And if they do like them, and they liked them and wore them last time around, that does raise the question of why they stopped. I can't imagine stopping wearing something you actively like to wear just because it isn't in style. And I can't imagine resuming wearing something you've previously rejected just because it came back in style. So I just don't get what's going through the head of people who stopped wearing leggings and then started again.

No comments: