Monday, February 05, 2007

Fun fact

I don't follow football. I know that the Superbowl was today, and I'm only certain about one of the teams that's playing and it's corresponding city, although I'd be willing to hazard a guess at what the other team is. I can't name any football players involved and don't know which team wears which uniform.

Based on the information currently available on the front page of Google News, I can't tell who won the Superbowl. I can tell that the game is over, and there are the names of some players and a small picture or two, but I can't figure it out without clicking on the articles.

3 comments:

M@ said...

I bet they've received complaints in the past that people who had recorded the game found out the result accidentally when they went to their homepage or something.

I don't care about American football either, and I rarely record any sports events, but when one occurs that I'm interested in, I have to have a total media lockdown (car radio, Internet, etc) before I watch it. Even obscure international soccer games somehow find their way onto the radio news -- only on days when I don't want to hear the score, of course.

impudent strumpet said...

That thought actually did occur to me, but then I dismissed it with "Nah, who tapes the Superbowl?" But now that I think about it, I doubt they'd make an exception to an exception just for the Superbowl.

Anonymous said...

I bet the Super Bowl (your one-word spelling pretty much gives your non-NFL football fan status away, btw) is the top taped (more likely TiVoed these days) show of that week almost every year.

Many reasons: a lot of people go to parties to watch the game and don't really watch the game, so they will record it to watch later; or they record it for the commercials, or for the possibility of weird or spectacular plays, or for the chance of a 'wardrobe malfunction', or to see the halftime show, etc.