Monday, February 05, 2007

712-429-0268

I just got this call. I picked up and a recording said "Hi, this is Rachel from cardholder services, this is your last chance to reduce your interest rate." I then had the option of pressing 1 to reduce my interest rate. This is clearly a scam, not the least of which because I have three credit cards and she didn't identify which one she was with. So I did a *69 and got 712-429-0268. The internet tells me that this is in Iowa, which makes me certain this is a scam. My credit cards are Canadian! The thing I don't know is whether I need to report this, and if so to whom. I looked at the Phonebusters website, but they seem to be all about helping you if the scam succeeded.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i got similar call. it must be scam. because My credit cards are Japanese!

here you can here the call.

Anonymous said...

Yes - I just got the same call except it was coming from 816-389-2804. My cards are Canadian.