Tuesday, August 17, 2004

"They just want to get a reaction from you", as an explanation for
everything from teasing to bullying to sexual harassment.

Is that true? Are there really people wandering around going "Ha ha, I got
someone to react to something annoying I did!"? What on earth leads to that
sort of behaviour? Or is that just an explanation perpetuated by the
Asshole Cabal so that their victims will be sufficiently cowed and NOT react
to their behaviour, so they can get away with whatever they want.

I wish I was acquainted with a bully who could stop bullying me for long
enough to answer a few questions, and answer those questions honestly. I'm
really curious about what motivates them, but I find the standard
explanations that parents/teachers/anti-bullying websites give rather
difficult to believe.


No comments: