Sunday, August 29, 2004

Strange things I thought when I was a child:

- I thought that Terry Fox had entered into a sort of binding magical contract, and when he had finished running across Canada, cancer would automatically be cured. Since he hadn't made it all the way, I thought that in our yearly Terry Fox Run we were each running a little bit of distance until the distance across Canada had been covered, and when the sum total of all Terry Fox runs had covered the distance across Canada, cancer would be cured.

- I thought that when I grew up, I would be required to live in Hamilton and commute to Toronto. Living elsewhere or working elsewhere simply would not be an option.

- There are two holes in a toilet bowl. I thought that the small one at the front was for urine, and the big one at the back was for feces.

No comments: