Thursday, August 05, 2004

I wish I could blog from work. Then I could post whenever I think of something instead of coming home and churning out mishmash entries like this one:

1. "Restive" means "restless". I find this odd. It seems to me that it should mean "restful" or "resting".

2. Omnivores dislike vegetarians because vegetarians do not conform with society's consumerist tendencies. I think this is an interesting idea. It's a tad excessive and not at all helpful, but an interesting concept nonetheless.

3. Why is it that they clean every single bathroom in the building where I work at the same time? And why is it that they always do this just as my lunch has finished processing itself?

4. Why is it that whenever I have a bowel movement at work it's the kind that requires reading material and lots of toilet paper, and whenever I have a bowel movement at home it's the kind that takes 10 seconds and needs only one wipe?

5. If you were a 20-something female, and you worked in an office, and you had a chocolate brown shirt, what colour pants would you wear that shirt with?

6. Everything they're selling at Reitman's for the fall is in colours or styles that I can't tell if they look good on my or not. I need a fashion consultant!

7. Why is it that I think of opinions or ideas on highly political issues - opinions or ideas that I don't dare send from work email, even to myself - when I'm reading the newspaper on my breaks at work, and then when I get home where I can blog or to an environment where it's appropriate to discuss politically charged topics, I forget these thoughts?

8. Why is it that I can never find my supers when I want to talk to them in person, but when I want to just slip them a note and avoid the whole interpersonal communication thing, there's always someone in the office?

No comments: