Saturday, December 12, 2009

Poll

Please answer in the comments, anonymous comments welcome:

Someone you encounter in everyday life (but aren't necessarily friends with) has new glasses. You like the new glasses. Do you say something to them?

Wondering because I currently have a new pair of glasses that I don't necessarily like. They're from Lenscrafters, so I'm allowed to return them within 30 days. I'm taking people's reactions into consideration under the assumption that if they like them they'll say something, and if they don't like them they won't say anything. Trying to figure out if this is a safe assumption.

6 comments:

jpg said...

I would say something, but I also think that many people simply won't notice, or will mean to say something but then forget, or variations on those two themes.

Maybe a small handful of compliments would be enough to indicate that generally people think they look nice...?

Anonymous said...

I do.

Ashwin said...

I think this is not a safe assumption because people won't necessarily tell you they like your new glasses even if they do like them. Maybe they think it's none of their business or that you are free to wear whatever you want. Actually, if you asked them, some people might tell you they like them just to be polite, even though in reality they don't like them or didn't care much.

impudent strumpet said...

Yeah, that's why I'm not asking people outright. I'm feeling insecure, because the person I trust most with my fashion choices thought they were the best of the many many I tried on, but I've only gotten any other positive comments from the people at the store that sold them to me.

laura k said...

This is probably way too late, as I'm catching up today. I fit into that category of saying something if I like it (I try always to) and saying nothing if I don't like it. But I agree with m. above, that many people won't say anything, won't notice, will notice briefly then forget, and such.

Have you decided to keep the glasses?

impudent strumpet said...

I'm returning them. I've already ordered their replacement and am just waiting for the replacement to arrive before I return the original ugly ones. I'll be blogging about it once I'm done, either to praise Lenscrafters' cheerful upholding of their return policy or to warn the universe against Lenscrafters' so-called return policy - whichever scenario ends up reflecting reality.