Monday, December 28, 2009

Excellent customer service from Lenscrafters

Props to Lenscrafters, specifically their Fairview Mall location, for allowing me to easily and effortlessly return a pair of glasses (in keeping with their 30 day return policy) simply because I didn't like them.

I am fully aware that, as a competent adult, I should be able to tell whether or not I like the aesthetics of something when I'm first shopping for it, and returning a custom-made product is rather high maintenance. I know they can't resell my glasses, they lost money on the transaction, and someone might have even lost commission (which I do regret, but I really couldn't find anything else I liked in the store). And yet, despite all this, they still allowed me to return my glasses outright for a full refund without any drama or guilt, and without my needing to be assertive about it. There was an initial offer to help me find a pair I like better, but there was no further pressure once I told them I'd already found a pair I like better elsewhere.

I am very happy with the service I received, it makes me feel safe shopping at Lenscrafters, and I very much look forward to doing business with them again in the future.

5 comments:

laura k said...

Excellent! I'm looking forward to reading the Chronicle next. I'm reading on one computer and commenting from another. I'm prepared to be very confused.

impudent strumpet said...

Why are you doing that? Why can't you read on the computer you're commenting on? How do you comment if you can't read? My brain hurts!

laura k said...

It's a little crazy.

My employer has blocked a lot of websites, supposedly because of virus threats (yeah, right). So I now bring my laptop (my new netbook!) so I can check comments, read blogs, etc.

Meanwhile, I've discovered that I can read blogs on my work computer with its nice big screen. But if I try to comment, I get blocked, then the whole site is blocked. A click on comments is a point of no return.

So today I tried reading your blog and some others on the big screen, and using my little computer to comment when I wanted to. It actually worked pretty well.

I can read and comment on my netbook, but it's less convenient. Plus, it then becomes obvious I'm doing my own thing, not working. Reading blogs on my work computer is a little more discreet. (Or discrete, can't remember which.)

impudent strumpet said...

It's so annoying how employers think casual internet use is incompatible with work!

(And it's discreet. Mnemonic: discrete has two discrete E's)

laura k said...

I don't know why, but I only recently learned that discrete and discreet are two different words. (Relatively recently, within the last 5 years or so.) So it's really hard for me to remember, since it's not in long-term memory, and I don't use either word very often.

Your mneomic is great. I'll try to remember it...