Sunday, March 29, 2009

OMG PUPPY SQUEE!

Dude walks into my building walking the most adorable dog ever. Big puppy, floppy ears, white with brown spots including a spot over one eye, so soft and fluffy (two levels fluffier than you're picturing), apparently some kind of collie spaniel mix, but I can't seem to google up a picture.

The lady in front of me stops and squees at the puppy and pets it and asks about it. Then I stop and squee at the puppy and pet it and ask about it (I know the puppy just got stopped, but I couldn't help myself. It took all my self-control not to pick it up.) Then the guy behind me stops and squees at the puppy and pets it and asks about it.

That's three people, just in a walk across the lobby. They probably encountered between 20 and 50 people in their walk, and I'd bet the majority of those people stopped and squeed at the puppy.

I wonder if that gets annoying for the puppy's human? On one hand, he does appreciate the sheer awesomeness of the puppy or he woudn't have chosen it. On the other hand, he does most likely have other things to do with his day and by the time you're on your 20th squeeing idiot it must lose its novelty.

3 comments:

M@ said...

Being the proud owner of two beagles, both of whom were most anerable little beagly puppies, maybe I can give some perspective on this.

When you have a squeeable pupple, you are actually spending most of your time wondering why the hell the rest of the world doesn't recognize the pup's undeniable cuteness. So when someone stops to squee all over the little thing, you're actually feeling relieved and satisfied -- and also you completely understand why they're stopping you to pet the little ball of awesome cuteness.

So my advice is, don't even think about it. The pupappreciation is actually appreciated by the owner, I'd bet.

impudent strumpet said...

Really? Wow, and here I've been my whole life using all my self-control trying not to annoy dog people with constant squeeing.

laura k said...

That's great, M@ has given you permission to squee freely and often.