Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Google makes me look like an idiot

Google appears to have postponed voting on Project 10^100 again. This is a bit frustrating for me, because in the interim one of the ideas I submitted has become obsolete.

Intellectually I realize there was hardly any chance of my submissions making it as far as the voting anyway. Like 90% of the other submissions I've seen people post publicly are better than mine, and a lot of people submitting ideas were professionals, whereas I'm just some random who takes long showers. And intellectually I realize that even if my idea had made it as far as voting and made the top 20, Google wouldn't have chosen it since they would have the resources to figure out that it was only a few months away from obsolescence.

Back in October, my idea looked new and interesting and innovative. Best case it was a solution to a major problem that only needed a functional prototype, worst case it was a perfectly valid and rather clever idea, especially seeing as it came from someone completely uninvolved in related research.

But now it looks like it's coming from some idiot who doesn't keep up on current events.

No comments: