Saturday, April 12, 2008

Wrinkles

I don't mind getting wrinkles. I've looked entirely too young for far too long, so I don't mind looking more like a grownup. (Although I do strongly resent still having to deal with zits at the same time.)

What I do mind is that the lines on my forehead, which are starting to not go away anymore when I'm done furrowing my brow, look exactly like my father's! I've already inherited his nose and brow and eyesight and body hair and adult acne and all the worst aspects of his bone structure and personality, and have been working very hard as I grow up to eliminate or conceal these characteristics and assert myself as a separate individual defined by who I actually am instead of by my genes.

How dare my body age me in a way that counteracts all this hard work??

4 comments:

Lorelei said...

time's relative even though it brings us aging...relax other people in the world are aging too even at this moment

laura k said...

OMG, you are stealing thoughts directly from my brain!

I am have also inherited my father's furrowed brow, and I bitterly resent it!

laura k said...

And god do I hate when people tell bloggers to relax!

impudent strumpet said...

Besides, the fact that other people in the world are aging in no way negates or even mitigates the fact that of all the possible variations and permutations, despite all the beautiful and fascinating and noble genetic material available to me, the furrows on my forehead have chosen to form themselves in exactly the same location, number, and pattern as my father's, so I am forever condemned to look exactly like my father from the eyebrows up (and from the eyes up if I'm not wearing makeup).