Thursday, April 17, 2008

Serendipitous confidence?

I'm sitting here doing not much. I'm watching a movie, I'm drinking sauvignon blanc (I don't know where I picked up the habit of namedropping my wine, but it's very Stuff White People Like, isn't it?), I'm playing a rather dull Sims house where nothing interesting is going to happen until either the baby grows up or the elder dies, then suddenly:

There was one thing I was vaguely worried about. Quasi-sorta-work-related, but not really. Suddenly, as I was watching my movie and playing my Sims and drinking my wine, and I became confident about the thing I was worried about.

Nothing had changed. Nothing around me had inspired me. The confidence came from the normal Eddie Izzard method of "Here it is, this is what I've got." But somehow that didn't happen before, and it did just now. Weird

2 comments:

Fran said...

I think referencing "Stuff White People Like" is a lot more "Stuff White People Like" than name-dropping your wine.

impudent strumpet said...

Help! I'm trapped in a recursive loop!