Monday, April 09, 2007

Kudos to Sympatico

One of the signing bonuses I got for signing my lease before the building was built is a year's free telecommunications from Rogers, so obviously I'm not going to keep my current services. Today I called Sympatico to cancel my account, and after they learned that I was cancelling because I got a year's free service, and because I've been with them for four years (apparently that's a lot of seniority), they offered to suspend my account for a year at no charge and then top whatever Roger's charges me once my free year is up. I didn't even have to ask them for this, they offered it proactively.

This is essentially the best possible offer they could have made me, and I really appreciate that the first person I talked to was empowered to do this.

No comments: