Friday, April 20, 2007

How to photograph your puppy

If you're photographing a puppy (or anything else that's cute because it's small), pose it with some everyday object so people can get an idea of scale. For example, I thought that this puppy was cute, but didn't realize how small she was because she's shaped basically like a grownup dog. But then I scrolled down and saw the picture with the big yellow dog, and then the picture further down with the blue chair, and went "OOOH!" in a strange squeaky voice because she's so much smaller than I originally thought.

So use props to show just how adorably little your adorably little photography subject is.

Really. It's a rule.

1 comment:

laura k said...

Oh my god, that puppy is SO cute! Wow.

I knew it was that small because of how it is shaped. It still has tiny-puppy shape.

But I will try to follow the rule, next time I photograph a puppy.