Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Rimmel is better than Maybelline, pass it on

I've been using Rimmel mascara for years, ever since my mother read somewhere that it's on par with department store brands. However, this time around, I couldn't find the kind of Rimmel I wanted in waterproof. Then, last weekend, I saw an article in the Globe and Mail about the best cheap beauty products, and they picked Maybelline Great Lash mascara, mentioning in passing that many professional makeup artists use it. I remembered reading that factoid about professional makeup artists somewhere else before, so I decided to give Maybelline a try.

It's not that great. I mean, it's perfectly effective, it coats my lashes in black and makes them look somewhat longer and thicker, and the waterproof version doesn't run during the course of a normal day, but Rimmel does all that better, and for only a couple of dollars more.

No comments: