Sunday, December 10, 2006

Officially sick of xmas

Note: I have officially become sick of xmas for the year. I would like the stores to go back to normal so I can shop for clothes for myself (and maybe glasses frames) under normal shopping conditions. I would like the statutory holidays to be meaningless to my family rather than the traditional "get the family all together under one roof" day, so I can enjoy actual time off rather than simply exchanging professional obligations for family obligations. I'm officially sick of hearing carols whenever I go to buy laundry detergent or pasta sauce. And I want my white chocolate back! It seems to have been completely displaced on store shelves by xmas chocolate! Can we please go back to real life now?

1 comment:

M@ said...

Two words: hear, hear.

I'm not looking forward to the family gatherings, either. Couldn't we just stay at home, play with our dogs, eat some fried take-out food, and be done with this whole thing?

Unfortunately, answer is no. Sigh.