Thursday, February 16, 2006

Things They Should Invent: fomgers pm tje wrpmg leus cprrectpr

(I.e.: Fingers on the wrong keys corrector)

I translate by looking at the source text on paper and typing the translation into the computer. This means that I'm not looking at the screen as I type. While doing this, I accidentally typed out an entire paragraph with my fingers on the wrong keys. I couldn't read the results and had no way to correct it automatically, so I had to go back and retranslate the whole section.

Spell-checker and auto-correct should be sensitive to fingers on the wrong keys, like how if mY cAPSlOCK KEY IS ON, Word will detect it an automatically turn it off for me. If this is not doable, someone should make a fingers on the wrong keys decoder like the rot13 decoder. Simply tell it where your fingers were, and it will decode the text for you.

No comments: