Saturday, September 03, 2005

I think this is the opposite of schadenfreude

Several things are causing me moderate amounts of angst/drama/stress right now. Cumulatively, this puts me in a cystic acne/greying hair/yelling at inanimate objects when I'm alone/trying not to snap at people/tempted to eat salt, fat and sugar and drink an extra glass of wine sort of mood.

The problem is, the situations that are exposing me to these stressful things are all situations that I am quite fortunate to be in. Many people are not this fortunate, and I'm sure that the people I generally confide in would be thinking "Oh, that I should have such problems!" (although they are certainly decent enough not to say it to my face). They are actual stressors - valid concerns and difficult situations, not "Boo hoo, our million-dollar home is on a golf course!" but I still feel that I shouldn't be worrying. I can hear some indefinite nagger saying "Just do something, deal with the outcome, and stop bitching!" Which, of course, makes me more stressed thinking that I shouldn't be feeling stressed.

No comments: