Thursday, September 08, 2005

Vendange Chardonnay

This is one of those new tetrapak wines. I have to admit, I felt funny buying it. Like I was being all uber-cheap or something (although it isn't really that cheap - it's $6.95, but it only contains 3 glasses). It reminds me of a drinking box more than anything else, and makes me feel like I'm trying to sneak around, trying to hide the fact that I have wine. I felt vaguely embarrassed about the whole thing.

The wine itself is okay. it's less complex than Chardonnay normally is, but I wasn't expecting too too much because the wine is in a freaking drinking box!

I wouldn't mind this wine if for some reason I wanted to have wine in a situation where it isn't convenient to have a bottle, but it isn't good enough to sell me on the whole tetrapak thing.

No comments: