Tuesday, November 23, 2004

In September I ordered an item from Amazon. It was a special-order item, so they said it would take 6-8 weeks to ship. I therefore decided to order it together with my Harry Potter DVD (which was released today) so I could use a coupon and get free shipping.

Today I got an email informing me that they could not obtain the special-order item for me. They then added:
Please note, if you took advantage of a promotional offer when placing this order, this cancellation can affect your order's eligibility for that offer.
That is not so very cool. If they're going to keep me waiting for two months expecting that I can get this particular item, they could at least have the decency to let me save a lousy $5 on my DVD! They were good enough not to charge me for shipping the DVD, but you'd think that good customer service requires that they let me use the promotional offers too...

No comments: