Sunday, July 25, 2004

It occurred to me in the shower this morning that perhaps I could eliminate the need to dust the inside of my computer by taking a piece of one of those filters for household heating vents, and putting the piece of filter between the case and the fan, thus filtering the air that enters the computer.

As I usually do before undertaking anything new, I tried to think of any reasons why this might be a stupid idea.  The best I could come up with is "You should stick stuff inside computers," but I can't think of any specific negative consequences that might result (as long as I get the filter attached properly so it doesn't go flying around and get caught in the fan.)

Does anyone reading this have a more definitive idea of why this would be a bad idea, or, conversely, know that it should work without any problems?

No comments: