Wednesday, July 14, 2004

There's a doggie in my building with whom I'm vaguely acquainted. He's a big doggie, white with brown spots. He likes bananas, is afraid of elevators, and always takes the time to thoroughly sniff my shopping bags, even when they contain nothing but clothing or household cleaning products.

Today, as I headed from the mailroom to the elevators, I heard frantic barking interspersed with whimpering. Doggie was scared of something, but trying to frighten it away with his big dog status. I went to see what was going on, and saw Doggie being walked into the building while someone else carried a houseplant into the building. Doggie didn't like the houseplant and somehow felt threatened by it, so he was trying to scare it away before it got him, while his humans tried to explain that it's only a plant.

No comments: