Saturday, March 13, 2004

I just impulse purchased some shoes that I'm never going to wear because they were only $15. They're reasonable shoes - black maryjane style with closed toes and a bit of a heel - and they fill the "black shoes that aren't boots or sandals and can be worn with skirts and pants" whole in my wardrobe, but they aren't the best shoes in the world for my foot problems. They don't provide enough support and they might exacerbate my calluses. (Because I'm sure you all want to hear about my calluses). But $15 is a reasonable price for a pair of shoes whose job is to sit in my closet until I find myself in some hypothetical situation where I need black dress shoes that aren't sandals or boots. So I currently have a shoe situation where I'll never have to do emergency last minute shoe shopping (which is extraordinarily difficult when you're a size 11 with narrow width but wide toes and fucked-up pronation).

No comments: