Saturday, May 31, 2003

The lady in front of my has a baby in a stroller. I don't know how old the baby is - I'd guess under six months - but she's in a sit-up stroller as opposed to a pram. The baby is clutching a stuffed animal under her arm.

The stuffed animals falls to the ground. I look at the baby to see what her reaction might be. She looks on the verge of tears and her mother is otherwise distracted, so I pick up the toy and offer it to the baby like I would to an adult. She looks at me wide-eyed, but makes no move to take it from my hand. I figure okay, she can't do that yet. So I hold it out to her in such a way that the toy's arm is in her hand, and all she has to do is grip in the way that even newborn babies do. She still doesn't react. I don't know what she's thinking - is she tired of the toy? Is she afraid of me? Is she playing mind games? So I kind of sat the toy next to her in the stroller, propping it up against her. The mother finishes what she's doing and thanks me for picking up the toy, but before she even finishes it's on the floor again. Silly babies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

take a look at this [url=http://tinyurl.com/884044251]Beautifull.[/url]

Can u be of help and i get pics unlocked