Friday, May 23, 2003

Just past midnight last night, and I have to go to the bathroom. I go, do my business, and push down on the lever that flushes the toilet. The toilet begins flushing, the water flowing down and carrying the contents of the toilet with it. As I'm washing my hands, it fills back up just like it always does. As I'm about to leave the bathroom, I notice the toilet hasn't stopped making toilet noises. I look, and the water is swirling back down again? WTF? As I open up the toilet tank to see what's going on , it fills back up again. Then it starts swirling down again, flushing for a third time. Inside the toilet tank everything looks fine. The water level is a bit low because it just flushed, but the thingy that lets the water flow out of the tank is closed like normal and the tank is filling back up like it should be. As the toilet fills up for a third time, I start panicking. How do I make it stop? Should I call my parents or my supers? It's late at night for grownups - is this enough of an emergency to wake people up?

Then the toilet stops and sits there normally like nothing ever happened.

I back away slowly and hide under the covers.

No comments: