Wednesday, March 17, 2010

:(

I just found out that one of the dogs in my life passed away. He was a tiny little bundle of energy who was just so excited and thrilled about everything and anything. The first time I met him (nearly 15 years ago) he tried to eat the buttons off my clothes. The last time I saw him (a few months ago) he licked my face so excitedly his tongue went up my nose.

I was never by any remote definition his human, I have no claim to him, technically I'm not the one bereaved.

But I'm still grieving. I can't help it.

(PS: if anyone posts rainbow bridge, I'll kick their ass)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Christopher said...

awwww that sucks

laura k said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I think it's still "your" loss because you are missing him.

And I so appreciate your ass-kicking of the rainbow bridge people, who make me vomit.

impudent strumpet said...

The problem with rainbow bridge is it makes me sad without helping. I'm not grieving because I think the dog is in pain, I'm grieving because the dog isn't here with me, and the images of awesome dogginess just remind me of what I'll never get to see again.