Friday, August 28, 2009

Wherein the catholic school boards solve a 40-year-old problem

Apparently some of the catholic school boards are eliminating the uniform kilt because students are wearing them too short.

I think this is hilarious, because my mother wore her uniform kilt too short when she was in high school, back in the 1960s. It's actually my mother who (inadvertently) taught me how to roll a kilt so your hemline is high but you can readily lower it when there are teachers around. I never went to a school that had uniforms, but I still know the technique.

If my mother had chosen to start her family in her early 20s, and then I had chosen to start a family in my early 20s, my mother could easily be the grandmother of one of the high school students who's now seeing kilts banned from their wardrobe because people are wearing them too short. Imagine that! "But my grandmother got to do it!"

1 comment:

laura k said...

A university roommate told me about the kilt-rolling thing.