Saturday, August 01, 2009

Are people more likely to take after their same-sex parent?

The researchers have found beautiful women have more children than their plainer counterparts and that a higher proportion of those children are female. Those daughters, once adult, also tend to be attractive and so repeat the pattern.


This whole article and this whole scientific study seem to be based on the assumption that beautiful women have beautiful daughters, and the attractiveness of the father isn't particularly relevant, as though it's not worth considering that a daughter might inherit her father's physical traits. I wonder if that's a flaw in the study, or if that's actually true in the world in general?

If it is true, that would piss me off. I take after my father, and it isn't quite the look I'm going for.

No comments: