Saturday, July 19, 2008

Test my Sitemeter please

If you're reading this through a feed, I'd really appreciate it if you could click through to the main blog for a second.

Now go to the very very bottom of the main page (just press the End button on your keyboard) and click on the little rainbow box at the very bottom.

1. Do you see site statistics?

Then, on the left, underneath "recent visitors", click on "By Details".

2. Is the most recent visit you?

Please post the answers in the comments. Anonymous posts are welcome if you don't want other visitors with too much time on their hands to associate your IP address with your usual username. You don't have to tell me what your real ISP is and what Sitemeter thinks your ISP is. Just is it correct or not.

Thank you! Real content later today, I promise (unless like I get hit by a bus or my internet service goes kerflooey or something).

Edited to add: Don't worry, the sitemeter isn't normally viewable by everyone. I just opened it up to test it. Thank you to the people who've given feedback already, but I'm still looking for more feedback - especially if the sitemeter ISN'T seeing you.

4 comments:

M@ said...

I think so -- I'm a Rogers customer and that's who it says the most recent visitor is.

Anonymous said...

Bingo.

Unless you have a lot of Rego Park roadrunner users... at 12:40...

laura k said...

It's funny, though. The IP address and the person's physical address aren't always the same. The IP address of my workplace in downtown Toronto is in New York City. My partner's NYC workplace had an IP address in Delaware.

impudent strumpet said...

A lot of businesses with different branches are like that, I find. They all tend to have the IP address of where head office is located, or where the server is located.