Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Open Letter to the Comedy Network

Dear Comedy Network:

I'm really happy that you show Just For Laughs so often. But there's one thing you could do to really improve my user experience: consistently and in every medium provide a listing of which comics are appearing on every single Just For Laughs episode. I don't necessarily want to watch every single episode of Just For Laughs, but I would like to see some of my favourite comics when they're on the show, especially since there are some comics who I love but I've never seen their Just For Laughs appearance.. I'd like to be able to type their names into Zap2It at the beginning of the week, or look them up in my on-screen program guide at the beginning of the day, and see when I should take time out of my schedule to watch Just For Laughs. It would also be convenient when I'm trying to explain a comic who you really have to see rather than read but they're not on Youtube - like Wendy Liebman for example - if I could just look up when they're next going to be on Just For Laughs I could point my friends in their direction at the appropriate time. Since Just For Laughs show so many comics and is on so frequently, it's the ideal medium (when Youtube fails) for introducing a friend to a new comic.

So please, people, a list of every comic appearing on every episode, and I promise I'll end up watching more episodes.

No comments: