Monday, May 31, 2004

I have 2 Gmail invitations. Here's a list of goods and services I'd consider
trading them for. (These aren't based on the value of the Gmail
invitations, but rather on the goods and services I need):

1. A Fido-capable cellphone, in good working order, under a year old.
Basically I want to be able to stick my smartcard in and it works, plug and
play.
2. A new computer to my specifications. (not that I expect anyone to buy a
computer in exchange for a gmail account, but you never know)
3. Use of your full-time student status for my Globe and Mail subscription.
This would mean that you tell me your name, student number, and year of
graduation, and I receive my Globe and Mail in your name. If they ask,
you're my and mi cielito's roommate (because I currently receive it in his
name, but he's just graduated). This would also mean that you can't get a
student discount should you choose to subscribe to the Globe and Mail.
Problem is that my subscription doesn't expire until July.
4. A spider-proofed screening of ROTK. This would involve going through
the DVD that has just been released, and the extended edition when it comes
out, noting the chapter numbers that contain spider scenes, and noting at
what point the viewer should press the "skip chapter" button to avoid seeing
any spiders. You would also have to preview the DVD features and
documentaries, note if any of them contain spider images, and note at what
point to press "skip chapter". After you screen, you would present me with
written (or emailed) instructions on how to avoid every spider image on that
DVD. Problem is that I'd need both the current edition (so I can see the
movie - I haven't seen it yet) and the extended edition (which I intend to
buy) screened, and the extended edition doesn't come out for several months.

I might consider trading for these things, depending on who is willing to
trade with me. I might also ebay the invitations. I might also give them
away to people I love. I haven't decided yet.

No comments: